Predicting and monitoring the long term behavior of CO2 injected in deep geological formations
The PANACEA project's aim is to understand the long-term fate of geologically stored CO2. The objectives of this project are to:
- Increase the understanding of the long-term fate of stored CO2.
- Evaluate the mechanisms of leakage through the cap-rock and the well.
- Investigate fluid-rock interactions affecting reservoir quality and cap-rock integrity
- Investigate reactivity with well cements and the effects on cement mechanical properties
- Quantify the effects of impurities in the CO2 stream